Monday, November 12, 2012

Survey Results

For my paper, I created two surveys discussing college student's opinion's and awareness of eco-friendly  clothing. I have received 30 responses from my non-textile student survey and 15 responses from textile student survey. Both surveys have shown an overall lack of awareness and interest for eco-friendly clothing. However, the textile student's had more of an awareness and interest than the non-textile students, but both were still relatively low numbers. I found a couple of very interesting facts from my survey results. First, my results showed that 100% of the thirty non-textile students have never sought out eco-friendly clothing while shopping, but 58% of the survey takers said this survey made them want to look into purchasing and becoming more aware of eco-friendly clothing. I thought it was surprising because all it took was a little ten question survey and people seemed concerned by it. The other fact that I found very interesting is that 73% of the textile students are aware of the harmful affects of non-eco-friendly clothing, but only one person answered that they feel that eco-friendly clothing is strongly important to them. This made me want to research exactly what it will take to make students care strongly about purchasing eco-friendly clothing.

3 comments:

  1. I am curious to see the rate of those who know of eco-friendly clothing and how many of those care to buy it. Because, many of us are well aware of enviornmental issues- we just choose not to be active in doing them. I am interested to see how the research for this comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took the survey, and it definitely got me thinking about eco friendly clothing. The survey made me realize how little I know about eco friendly clothing, and also how little I know about affects that non eco friendly clothing has. I found it interesting that respondents to the survey knew of the negative affects of non eco friendly clothing, but still do not think it is important to buy eco friendly clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this was a great topic and I'm curious to see what the discrepancy between the textile students and non textile students ends of being. I feel like it is important for textile students to become aware of making environmentally friendly clothes. But your research seems to be going really well.

    ReplyDelete